1.8.08


My, my, what a curious day.

I've been welded to the computer chair all afternoon, so much has been going on! My dear friend from Denmark helpfully drew my attention to the Etsy front page treasury were "Birdabies" was having a brief moment of fame thanks to the birdliscious selection by Etsian
Rivulettecraft. Stephanie from Rivulettecraft has oodles of lovelies in her store...


Then the front page treasury changed and my print "Magic Moss Bears" was there! I know the treasury does some curious things when items sell so maybe I wasn't actually chosen for this particular treasury but just turned up there anyway, I dunno. I did manage to capture a screen shot of Rivulettecraft's treasury but had difficulty getting the whole thing to fit so my apologies to the stores that I managed to cut off in this shot below.



Thanks to this little blip of exposure I sold some prints and while I was getting them all ready to ship my blogging mentor Raina of beautiful Rainingsheep fame informed me that she had done a post called "socks for helen"! Crikey!!

Raina knits fantastic things and was kind enough to make me a pair of wondrous socks, so wondrous in fact that I'm not sure they are for wearing; maybe just for photo opportunities and a bit of fondling. Photography is another love for this talented ga
l, check out the luscious montage in her latest post which includes my socks!



Raina's photograph features soft, golden light and my socks enjoying the breeze against a verdant Summer oasis...



... and my "find the socks" against backdrop of partially falling apart rag rug, last-vestiges-of-daylight-really-needs-a-flash snap shot.*


*Raina, I was going to do a picture like you did with the clogs but my clogs are not glamourous and pristine like your clogs (you don't actually garden in them?), mine look like a dog chewed them. Now I do know a dog...


And to finish this epic post, I am happy to be able to send a little more love Amnesty International's way thanks to everyone's support. Thank you so much!

5 comments:

raining sheep said...

Tee hee..I do garden in my clogs - all the time - but they are rubber and literally just hose off - I have pink ones too. Thank you for all the nice things you said...and I can see that the socks seem to fit because your heel is in them correctly! Is not weird taking pictures of your own feet?

Anonymous said...

i am so glad to know that the front page exposure got you some sales! it was an exciting day for all. your work is stellar and you deserve the attention.

Anonymous said...

That is a lovely front page. I missed that one. Love your work.

Dyan said...

Hi Helen, I found your blog through Raina's and just wanted to say hello and that like your illustrations.
Have a great week - definately should be better with wonderf ul socks (smile).
Dy

flapjacs said...

OH wow! great work front page!! hope it turns into lots and lots of sales for you.