25.5.08

Back in April (before this blog was born), Erik Maldre was nice enough to feature me in his blog, etsyart.com. Every weekday, his blog shares an interesting, thought-provoking piece of artwork found on Etsy. The piece Erik chose was "Day in, Day Out" and when I created it I was thinking about how repetitive life can feel a lot of the time. Even when the exciting things come along there is always the "bread and butter" of our daily existance. This is not necessarily a negative thing, it has certainly come into sharp focus now that I have a child where daily rhythms and continuity are so vital for psychological wellbeing.

If viewed from a great distance, even the most action-packed life has a basic form and direction that is common to all lives.

"Before enlightenment, chopping wood, carrying water.
After enlightnement, chopping wood, carrying water" and so forth...


Below are some things I really like in Erik's shop, artis3letters.etsy.com

No comments: